Saturday, January 22, 2005

Retreats and workshops

I never quite realized how many amazing people have made Belize their home. Since we decided to branch out into hosting retreats and workshops at our resort the Belize Jungle Dome, we have started meeting so many incredible healers here. And the funny thing is that I expected to find the teachers and workshop facilitators abroad and that we'd have to bring them down to Belize for a week or so. It's shown me yet again that we often overlook what's right in front of our eyes.

We keep looking elsewhere for whatever we think we want, when all we really need is already right here.

So, with regards to the retreats that we'll be hosting here...John has started planning the construction of our workshop space/yoga deck. It will be build on the river's edge, hidden away from view (tucked between our organic orange grove, the jungle and the river). It's such a peaceful place, perfect for retreats and yoga sessions. It will be build about 10 feet from the ground, with a large thatched roof, little bamboo walls and will be powered by some solar panels. It's not even there yet, but I love it already! It's going to be so great. I hope that many of you will come and see it when it's done.

We are running a Healing Touch Women's Yoga Retreat here from April 22-26. Maybe you'd like to come to that?

Oh, and I have found someone (a wonderful woman, called Mutuka) who, like me, wants to start a 5-rhythms or Biodanza class in Belize. Biodanza is something I discovered in London and miss (apart from my family) more than anything. Biodanza is all about expressing yourself through movement and music. It may look weird to an outsider, but it is one of the most liberating and inspiring things I've ever done in my life (5-rhythms is a different "system", but seems quite similar). Anyway, I hope that at some point we can get this going here. Oh, life just gets greater and greater and greater.........

In Lak'ech, Simone

My your days be blessed : )
<