Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

Well, that's it. Another year over. Hope 2005 was good for you and that 2006 will be even better.

I missed all celebrations last night. I was in bed by 8.30 as I've been feeling quite rough lately. I keep getting real dizzy, with a pounding head & nausea (next to all my usual pregnancy aches and pains). It's bloody annoying. Still, it's all for a good cause.

By the end of January of the beginning or February, the baby should be here. If it tries to arrive before then (which it may do as it's lying very low and keeps sinking down whenever I do too much), then I need to take these tablets that my doctor gave me to stop the contractions.

Anyway, I shouldn't bore you all with medical stuff in this lovely new year. As soon as I have anything more fun to report I'll let you know.

Oh, what is quite funny is the stuff that Lucas comes out with these days. We were lying in bed chatting the other day when he looked up at the ceiling fan and said
"Mum, the fan is hungry"
I asked him what the fan wanted to eat and he answered
"Salad"
He then jumped up and said
"Mum, we need to get a ladder, so we can feed salad to the fan"

And this morning he was talking about how sad it was that I couldn't fly. He suddenly had a great idea
"We can buy wings for you in the shop"
When I asked him what shop would sell wings, he said
"The bird shop of course!"
So that's where he wants me to take him later.

We also seem to have lots of giants walking around our house these days (according to Lucas). Sometimes, we have to snatch the tail (???) of the giants to make tail soup together. Lucas then goes around the room and shares out the imaginary soup with all the other giants.

Strange child, don't you think? I'm loving it though. I am always looking forward to more strange stories from him. It's so funny. According to my mum, my imagination was just as wild when I was a child. So I know where he's got it from.

Anyway, have a lovely start to the New Year.
<