Monday, June 06, 2005

Glorious rain!

Yes, it's finally raining! Yehaa! We so needed this. I hope that it will rain (on & off) for the next few days, just to clear the air.

See, the weather in Belize has been quite unbearable lately (at least for someone like me who doesn't "do well" in the heat). The humidity has been building and building for days, weeks even & we were just waiting for a good old storm. This is really the hardest time of the year for me, weather-wise. But hopefully this first bit of rain is the start of rainy season. We'll see.....

By the way, our resort The Belize Jungle Dome is doing great. We are getting lots of positive press & the bookings are pouring in. We now also offer All-Inclusive Belize Scuba Diving Packages for those who want to come to Belize especifically for the diving. It looks like Andy & I will get to do some scuba diving again soon. It has been years since we've dived. But with Lucas' grandparents here we finally have baby-sitters. We will probably shoot off to the islands in the next few days, so that will be a perfect opportunity.

I think I mentioned it before, but I am only now realizing (since coming back from Europe & seeing how hard everyone seems to work there) what a fun business we have. I never fully appreciated what we had. But then, isn't that a problem we all have? Not seeing what we have....Always thinking that the grass is greener on the other side, etc. Anyway, I love what we're doing here & it's a lifestyle that's so easy to combine with parenting. I mean, how lucky is Lucas to have both his mum & his dad around all the time? How many kids get that?

Oh, by the way, I'm getting a bit worried about finding homes for the kittens. We still have 3 kitten here & that definitely is too much. They are 9 weeks now and really have to go soon. I think I better hang up some notices around town.
<