Saturday, February 28, 2009

Uplifting, empowering postcards

My dear friend Shona has always been a person who can touch you with her poetic words, given at just the right time. She has sent me many wonderful cards over the years, that I have kept to this day and that still make me smile whenever I see them.

These days, everybody mainly sends emails & cards are becoming an 'old-fashioned luxury'. But it is a shame. Receiving a card with a powerful message has much more of an impact than an email or e-card could ever have. Not only does it touch you when you first receive it, but also when you hang it up and look at it over and over again.

I therefore think that everyone should have some cards at home to send whenever one feels that a message needs to passed on to a loved one (And I am as guilty as everyone else here...I haven't sent many cards over the last few years either. But I now aim to change this)

Shona has recently created her own collection of postcards & I think they are beautiful. Some may be too esoteric for the general public, but I believe that within the collection, there is something for everyone. Check out her website for the full range.









The inside text:


...and how my hair dances while my face sits silent...smiling inside......

The past is over.

Quietly, I celebrate...














The inside text:

I want you to be the ‘lucky one’ blessed by all the wonders and miracles of a glorious world.

...To Be the one life gives magic to...every day...

I want you to let life love you - like I love you...With stars and wings and roses...

...To be the one so completely in love with being alive...

<