Sunday, March 04, 2007

Feeling restless

Now, I don't quite know what's up with me the last few days, but I've been feeling rather uninspired and restless. I feel in need of some excitement, I just have no idea what kind of excitement that should be.

I would like to feel really passionate about something, but I just don't know about what. It's a rather frustrating feeling. I mean, of course I feel passionate about my family...my husband, my kids, we also have a very successful and enjoyable business that I am very proud of, we get to travel a fair deal, and in another month or so our new house should be ready. These are all wonderful things, I know they are. And I am grateful for all of them. But even so, there is nothing that makes me jump out of bed in the mornings (I get up because my children pound on me before the sun is even up)

Maybe it's just that I don't feel like I'm growing enough as a person, that I'm learning anything new or that I'm stretching myself in any way these days.

I assume that most mothers of young children feel this way from time to time? We all want to learn and grow and challenge ourselves, but it's so hard to take on any other challenges apart from the raising of our children. I really admire those women who feel 100% fulfilled just by being a mother, even though I can't feel that way personally. It's all a bit of a catch-22 for me...I want my children to be my main priority, but at the same time I don't want them to be my 'be all and end all'. Please tell me I'm not the only mom feeling like this....

Anyway, it does prove that even whilst living in paradise can you can feel 'blah' from time to time ; )
<